My Peonies.
Friday, June 19, 2009

I was facebook surfing tonight, on my nothing night and felt inspired to share with you another thought for the day, if you will allow it. I noticed an interesting profile picture of someone I'm really only facebook friends with, if you know what I mean. I clicked on it and glanced at her albums, to see if I can visually see what she has been up to in life. Her most recent photo album was called "My lilac tree". I was intrigued because I love lilacs and have always said I would live in a lilac tree if I could. Eat... sleep... poop... all in a lilac tree. It would be great. I clicked on the album and she had a couple stunning shots of vibrant, purple lilacs and also some pictures of soft white peonies. I loved the pictures and it gives me insight into her very core of who she is. She is proud of these flowers, of their beauty, she appreciates them, took pictures and then posted them on facebook to share it. And yet, what frustrates me is that technology has caused us to be so fast-paced as we race to catch up with the technology we're creating at an even greater pace then even we can run, we miss out on the peonies. The insight into who people are, what they value and the simplicity of the beauty around us. But I just want to (ironically through technology) call out to people to slow down and to notice the peonies. Because it's important to not just have facebook friends, but to really connect with people. To really know people and then to love them anyway. It's important to notice the little things, because it's the little things that are important.

(thanks to Alecia for the pictures)
0 comments:
Post a Comment