Mountains

Monday, March 16, 2009

It seems strange to me that during my regular, everyday activities the mountains are there, looking beautiful and photogenic... always. I find this urge to capture them on film everytime I see them, even though they will be there day after day and they always look beautiful. I am not used to having something as beautiful and majestic as the mountains so regular in my life. I like it.

I decided to do a word-study on "mountain" in the Bible and see what God has to say about the mountains and here are my findings:


Psalms 46:2-10

"Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging....
Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts...
Be still, and know that I am God."


Isaiah 54:10
"Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you. "


Kate's insight: It seems that God laughs at the mountains almost and at us for admiring them so much, they are small and insignificant compared to His great power and love. I stand in awe of them, how much more so should I stand in awe of the God who created them?




Isaiah 55:12
"You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands."

Kate's Insight: Even the mountains obey Him and creation will rejoice with us.




Psalms 36:6

"Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the great deep. "

Kate's insight: He is SO great and holy and righteous and we are so blessed to be considered His children!




Psalms 90:2
"Before the mountains were born
or you brought forth the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God."

Kate's Insight: That God is eternal and forever and always and infinite. Even as big as the mountains are solid and stable, and seemingly eternal, God is bigger and more powerful then these beautiful huge mounds of dirt.



Each time I see the mountains, I am awed by the beauty of His creation and feel so blessed to be in a city where I can see them everyday. But even more so, I am simply awed that he reveals to me who He is through the mountains as I drive to go pick up groceries, go to church, or meet a friend for coffee.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

agreed. I live in the pre-pyrenees right now. They are gorgeous. God knew what he was doing with creation, didn't he.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP