In 5 words:
Thursday, March 5, 2009
I really want to wait until I can upload my pictures on here and share my photo documentary of my 1200 mile journey here. I like things to be organized chronologically and so this is a little irritating to me that it's going to be out of order on the blog. But it may be a week before I can post those pics, so I will have to live with it. I definitely have some beaver in me (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry about it!)
I recently read a friend's blog where she described her day in 5 words and I like that, so I'm going to steal her idea:
overwhelming
refreshing
awed of God's creation
hungry
tired
I am overwhelmed with all the emotions that comes with having no routine or normalcy. I don't adjust to change well, so this is overwhelming for me.
I was refreshed this morning as I sank into God's Word and allowed His promises to wash over my Spirit and bring me peace, despite my circumstances staying the same. Praise God that we can have joy, peace and contentment wherever we are!
I am awed by God's creation, the blue sky, sunlight shining in my room in the morning, the mountains towering over the city and making the Denver skyline seem minuscule to God's creation. I think of one of the last sermon's I heard at Crossroads when Pastor Rod was talking about the city and our buildings. He used them as a metaphor for what our priorities are as we try to "make a name for ourselves" in this world. We as a human race have a desire to build tall buildings, just as they did with the Tower of Babel. However we were not created on this earth to make a name for ourself, to glorify our name, but instead to bring His name glory. The mountains towering are a constant reminder of that!
I am hungry, I left the house at 11:30 (3 hours ago) and haven't eaten lunch yet so my stomach is growling.
I am tired. I am fighting a cold leaving me coughing and feeling achy. I am still trying to bounce back after spending over 18 hours in a car over a period of two days. I am adjusting to the thin air of the Mile High city and also throw in a two-hour time change, leaves me feeling fuzzy and sleepy.
Pics to come soon! :)
1 comments:
Katie, this gave me chills "I was refreshed this morning as I sank into God's Word and allowed His promises to wash over my Spirit and bring me peace, despite my circumstances staying the same. Praise God that we can have joy, peace and contentment wherever we are!"
Here in Lleida, there isn't much spiritual. I listen to sermons online and read my way through the Bible, but hearing you put this feeling of somehow achieving peace and contentment through God's might wherever we are really struck me.
thanks.
Post a Comment