A Key Change.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

You know you have a true friend, when in the midst of conversation, you can allow your mind to flow so freely... as if you were simply journaling and pouring out your thoughts on paper, that you think of metaphors and word pictures to help people understand your life and are able to express yourself with clarity and freedom - thank you Christina for being a friend that I can be so real with when I speak to you over the 1,000 miles of airwaves that you can inspire that creative writer in me to speak how I think.



Your keys. They are such a small thing, but so valuable, think of what an inconvenience and hassle it is when you lose them, even for the smallest of moments, there is a panic when you can't find your keys. They are so small, valuable and are an indication of ownership. Whether it's to a car, house, apartment, they are keys to what is yours and to who you are. I have always placed a lot of weight into my keys. I remember getting a key to my dorm room, to my first car, to my first apartment, to my mailbox, they are sign of independence and responsibility and freedom. In times of transition in life, it so many times involves the exchanging of keys, as we sell our cars, move out, start new jobs - our lives change and so do our key chains. In the past 5 days, I have given back 3 keys and gained 5 more. I have finished one nanny job and began another, and I have moved out of one house and into another. My key chain looks completely different then it did just a short week ago. I have packed up all of my belongings once again, with the help of a dear friend and moved into a new, fresh space. I am excited to move on and to put down more roots here in Denver, to start owning Denver and this move allows me to do that. I am grateful for that freedom and opportunity. I am grateful for my three new gold keys (one to the pool!!), and for the opportunity to care for three crazy youngsters... good-bye's and hello's... all demonstrated on my key chain.

1 comments:

Christina Jill said...

Truly, this post says it all: transition. And the word picture is perfect. I think we think like writers :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP