Stealing lilacs.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
I want to live in a flowering tree. I want to pack up my life, clothes, books, food, and just move in. I could bring a pillow and lean up against the trunk. I could charge my phone at work, park on the street, it'd be rent-free! Yesterday I took a walk/jog (my first time since my foot injury two weeks ago!! Very exciting!), and as I ran around Cheeseman Park, I passed several flo
wering trees, consumed with that fresh amazing smell they cannot reproduce in a candle no matter how hard they try, it made me want to follow the scent like a dog does the smell of red meat! Or a shark and blood. Or a kid and candy. Or a woman and chocolate. Like a cartoon character, I wanted my nose to lead the way... to just lay down underneath and fall asleep. Today I was at my favorite coffee shop, enjoying a relaxing Saturday morning (not in class) and I went to grab something from my car. I passed a genius, ableit slightly strange woman who lay on a bench with a lilac flower laying under her nose. I think she and I will be neighbors in our flowering trees, I hope she'll lend me a cup of sugar when I need it. She is my soul mate, which is kind of scary, but I genuinely laughed, because if I had that much gall to lay on a public bench with a large purple flower laying on my face, I would. Maybe I will. I also constantly have the urge to take a pair of scissors in my hoodie pocket on my next walk, with a large, subtle bag to collect flower branches from other people's trees, collect them all in a vase and put them by my bed. I want to steal! On a regular basis, I want to steal people's flowers. I want to break one of the 10 commandments so I can enjoy God's creation, does that make it okay? Hmmm... I don't think so. I haven't done it yet, maybe I'll wait for the cloak of darkness tonight...
wering trees, consumed with that fresh amazing smell they cannot reproduce in a candle no matter how hard they try, it made me want to follow the scent like a dog does the smell of red meat! Or a shark and blood. Or a kid and candy. Or a woman and chocolate. Like a cartoon character, I wanted my nose to lead the way... to just lay down underneath and fall asleep. Today I was at my favorite coffee shop, enjoying a relaxing Saturday morning (not in class) and I went to grab something from my car. I passed a genius, ableit slightly strange woman who lay on a bench with a lilac flower laying under her nose. I think she and I will be neighbors in our flowering trees, I hope she'll lend me a cup of sugar when I need it. She is my soul mate, which is kind of scary, but I genuinely laughed, because if I had that much gall to lay on a public bench with a large purple flower laying on my face, I would. Maybe I will. I also constantly have the urge to take a pair of scissors in my hoodie pocket on my next walk, with a large, subtle bag to collect flower branches from other people's trees, collect them all in a vase and put them by my bed. I want to steal! On a regular basis, I want to steal people's flowers. I want to break one of the 10 commandments so I can enjoy God's creation, does that make it okay? Hmmm... I don't think so. I haven't done it yet, maybe I'll wait for the cloak of darkness tonight...
1 comments:
I absolutely LOVE this! :) Can I have a flowering tree next to yours too? :)
Post a Comment