Raw and pink...

Sunday, October 26, 2008


Everything in life right now feels very raw. Very real. There's no flavor hiding the true taste of it, there's no sauces, or grilling to cook it. Life so oftentimes has a barbecue flavor to it, the weather, music, family and friends flavors our life with certain atmospheres and environments. A fire in the fire place, a candle lit that fills the room with a warm aroma. A messy house with clutter leaving your spirit feeling overwhelmed and stressed. Our lives are surrounded with flavors, either bitter or delicious. Right now, my life is just raw. I am vulnerable and aware of what is really important. I am not consumed with thoughts of the present. I don't have the ability to think and worry about the little things in life that two days ago seemed so important and now just don't seem to matter. Life feels raw, and yet it also feels cloudy. And fuzzy.

I'm very aware of God's goodness and His deep love for me. Love that I can't explain in words, love that cannot be matched. But there's a loss that I feel that just makes life feel raw and vulnerable and pink...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP